frame

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Megabus Review

So as you may know I mentioned cheap bus travel earlier, so here is A review of Megabus. I took the new Toronto to D.C. route. The bus arrived right on time, it took us about 10 mins to board because the driver had to check some things, when we borded I tried to plug in my laptop but for some reason the power outlets didn't work which was a shame luckily though the wifi was fast and worked fine.
The speed was faster than my residential internet

The annoying thing is that Megabus blocks many websites on most ports, luckily though this can be bypassed by using a simple vpn.

When we arrived at the U.S. border the scanning procedures weren't as annoying because we didn't have to take everything out of our bags and put them in the little trays or go through the "nudie scanners" sadly though we were delayed 20 mins (It wasn't the companies fault just a passenger forgot to declare something)

I don't recall most of the time between the border and D.C. because I was asleep but the seats were comfortable so it wasn't too hard to sleep. All in all we arrived 20 mins late (because of the border mishap) and I would rather take the bus with wifi then fly and nothing beats a $3 ticket

No comments:

Post a Comment